Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Three Pepper Beef

This is the Chinese recipe that I made on Wednesday. It was super good! You could easily replace the beef with chicken, shrimp, pork or even tofu. It wasn't spicy and the sauce was so yummy it just soaked right into the rice. YUMM-O! I used just some cheap chuck steaks that I bought from the "reduced for quick sale" bin at Smith's. I think they were like $1.50 each and I used 2. The peppers & onion I bought at Eagle Eye Produce, in Layton - they have GREAT prices!! This was another meal that I prepped in the morning and then threw it together at dinner time. I served it with white rice. Have I told you much Mic likes peppers???

Three Pepper Beef

2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
1 teaspoon sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound steak, trimmed and thinly sliced across the grain

1/4 cup beef broth (or chicken broth)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup diced onion
1 teaspoon ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/4 cups cubed red bell pepper
1 1/4 cups cubed yellow bell pepper
1 1/4 cups cubed green bell pepper

Combine 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, salt, and flank steak in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Set aside. Combine 2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, broth, soy sauce, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves; set aside. Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the green onions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add beef mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Remove the beef mixture from pan; cover and keep warm. Add peas and bell peppers to pan; stir-fry 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add beef and broth mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites