Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 20, 2009

The Best Banana Bread EVER!!!!

I have been searching for a good banana bread recipe. I finally found THE one. I found this on Pinching Your Pennies. I used sour cream.


Lazy Bear's Banana Bread


1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened in microwave
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
1/2 cup - your choice - buttermilk or plain yogurt (my fav is sour cream)
1 teaspoon vanilla (my favorite is banana flavoring)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts - (pecans, walnuts or almonds)


1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans.
2. Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts. Pour into pans.
3. Bake 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours depending on size of loaf pan.
I always use this method ~ until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove bread and place top side up on wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days. Freezes well.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I'll have to try this--sour cream sounds good in it. It reminds me a little of when my mom used to spread plain cream cheese on banana bread for us.

Add to Technorati Favorites