Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cream of Asparagus Soup

I made this soup last night and it was so easy. I literally threw it together and made up the recipe as I went......

Cream of Asparagus Soup

Cut 1 bunch of asparagus into sections about 1-2 inches long
Boil the asparagus in about 1/2 quart of chicken stock (that's all I had left in my open box, add a teaspoon of black pepper, salt and garlic.
In a microwave safe bowl melt 1 cup of butter (I used the new "I can't believe it's not butter" squares.
Add 3/4 cup of flour to the butter and make a paste.
I added some crumbled cheese to the paste.
Ladle out about 1 cup of the stock and add it to the paste, mix to make it creamy.
When the asparagus is cooked add the flour mixutre to the pot and combine with the stock. Use a wisk.
I added about 2 cups of milk to the mixture to get it to the right consistency.


There you have it. I was very easy and VERY GOOD!!!! My kids cleaned their bowls.

3 comments:

Norah said...

Sounds good! I wonder if I can get past my dislike of asparagus to give it a try.

Aubrey said...

Yum, that sounds tasty. I'm very impressed you made it up too. If I made something up, it would end up in the garbage.

Marrdy said...

Sounds good! Have to get it a go.

Add to Technorati Favorites