Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 9, 2008

I love Texas Roadhouse!!

We have been eating at Texas Roadhouse a lot lately!! Have you ever been there? When you sit down they serve you the HOTTEST YUMMIEST ROLLS. Since I really started getting into baking my own bread products lately I have been on the search for the Texas Roadhouse Roll Recipe. I think I found it! Well it's pretty darn close. I made them yesterday. I served them HOT right from the oven basted with salted butter. They are so yummy it's what the kids wanted for breakfast today. This recipe would also make excellent Cinnamon Rolls!!

TEXAS ROAD HOUSE SWEET YEAST ROLLS -
From the trainer for all the bakers of the Texas Roadhouse chain (so they say)

1/2 sol. oz. cake of yeast or 1 pkg. active dry yeast (next time I think I will use 1 1/2 packets)
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups milk- scalded and cooled to lukewarm
3 tablespoons of melted butter - cooled
1/2 cup sugar
2 quart all purpose flour --
2 whole eggs
2 tsp. salt

Soften yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar.

Add yeast, milk, sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter. Beat thoroughly. Let stand until light and foamy.

Add melted butter, eggs and salt. Beat well. Add enough flour to form soft dough. Sprinkle small amount of flour on counter and let dough rest.

Meanwhile, clean and dry bowl; grease clean surface of bow. Knead dough until smooth and satiny. Put in greased bowl; turn over to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in bulk.

Punch down. Turn out on floured board. Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes.

Shape dough into desired forms. Place on greased baking sheets. Let rise until doubled.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes (until golden brown). Baste immediately with butter

Yield: 5 to 6 dozen (depending on the size - I made mine kind of big and got about 3 dozen)

Stay tuned for the recipe for their RANCH DRESSING!!! YUMMO!!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, these look really good, I will have to try them. Are you coming to HFPE tonight. Corwin's going to be in nursery if you need to bring the kids.

KatBouska said...

Mmmmm....I am a bread fanatic! I always grub the rolls and bread loaves they bring before dinner. I totally want to try this!!

Norah said...

These were really good and easy to make. I somehow forgot to put salt in the recipe but they were still good.

Valerie Pilgreen said...

Got a question, the recipe calls for 2 quarts four-can anyone convert this to cups please? I know that you can convert liquid quarts to cups quite easily, but solid and liquid measurements are different.
Valerie Neal

Sherri said...

As far as the measurement of flour I start with 4 cups and then add one more cup at a time until the consistency is right. It is about 6 -7 cups.

Unknown said...

Do you have the ranch dressing recipe, I have been looking everywhere. Please o Please.

Melissa with MyPriceSavings.com

Add to Technorati Favorites