Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Crockpot Lasagna & Devine Breadsticks

Someone on PYP requested this recipe - I posted it and it seems like everyone loves it. This is the only way I have been making Lasagna for a few years - we really like it.

CROCKPOT LASAGNA

8 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 pound ground beef (or substitute w/ ground turkey)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
28-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup water
4-oz. can sliced mushrooms, optional
15 oz. low-fat ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef in skillet. Drain. Stir in Italian seasoning.Break noodles into thirds. Place half in bottom of greased crockpot. Spread half of ground beef mixture over noodles in crockpot.On top of beef, layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 of water, 1/2 of mushrooms (opt.), 1/2 of ricotta, and 1/2 of mozerella cheese. Repeat all layers.Cover. Cook for 5 hours on low.


Want a great breadstick to go along with this? (I found the recipe at Norah's)

Devine Breadsticks

1 ½ cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
Butter for the pan

Mix all ingredients (except butter) and knead for three minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt desired amount of butter on baking pan (the original recipe called for 1 entire stick of butter - that was way too much for my taste - I use a couple tablespoons). Roll out dough about 1/8-inch thick and cut into strips. Place in butter and put close together. Sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise 30 minutes. Bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE breadsticks. Thanks for posting this. I'm definitely going to be trying this recipe.

Joy
Happy to be at Home

Deb said...

We have this same recipe! It's also super yummy if you add in some italian seasoning to taste.

Apple Joos said...

Mmmmm... These recipes both look scrumtious! I love lasagna so I'm always looking for new recipes for it. How do you handle your house smelling like that for five hours?!

Amy said...

Mmmm, this sounds sooo good! Thanks!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Over from SITS. Congrats on being the featured chef!!

That lasagna looks really good. Will be trying it!!

KatBouska said...

Ooh...mama likey! And don't think for a second I don't see those recipes on your sidebar...I'm totally stealing some of those!

Nonnas News said...

Here from SITS. Congrats on being featured. These recipes sound yummy!!

Tina Butler said...

This sounds great. Congrats for Chef of the Day. I love my crockpot especially in the summer. This recipe is definitly a must to try. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Yum - lasagna and breadstix!

Lula! said...

Crockpot lasagna? I have died and gone to heaven. Thanks so much for posting this--we SITS girls are very happy!

~*Paty*~ said...

I have been looking for breadstick recipes thanks! BTW...my sister-in-law is addicted to pinching your pennies! I bet you've talked to her plenty. I almost moved to Kaysville...decided on sunny hot St. George instead!

Rhea said...

I have never seen a recipe for lasagna in a crockpot. That's so cool! Thanks!

Mrs4444 said...

Looks easy and delicious! Thanks.

Kimberly @ AllAboutKimberly said...

Ooh..i already have a very similar recipe for the lasagna, but can't wait to try the breadsticks. Congrats again!

Kimberly @ www.AllAboutKimberly.com

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Yummy, I can't wait to try this. We are big lasagna fans. Congrats on being featured at Saucy Recipes!

Lynda said...

This sounds so easy and delicious - Mmmmmm. Thanks to SITS for directing me to this :-)

Jess NBP said...

yummy sounds delish.. I may have to try that in Mrs. Pot!! and those breadsticks.

-Bridget said...

I love crockpot recipes. I'll be trying this!

Lula! said...

This is in my crock pot as of NOW!!!! I can't wait for supper tonight. Thanks again for posting such an easy dish.

Shannon said...

This sounds yummy! I've never done lasagna in a crock pot before! I'm going to have to give this one a try.

Anonymous said...

I just tried this for lunch today! EXCELLENT! I used ground turkey, substituted zucchini for mushrooms, and used low fat cottage cheese for ricotta (because I didn't have ricotta) and it still turned out great! I loved it so much I wrote a post about it and linked back here for everyone to get the recipe! Thanks so much!

Merrie said...

I can't wait to try this! :)

Shannon said...

Just wanted to let you know I finally got around to trying this recipe. We had the lasagna and breadsticks for dinner tonight... both were sooo yummy! I will definitely be making this again.

Anonymous said...

I made this tonight and the family loved it! Hope you don't mind I added it to my recipe blog - I gave you credit with a link back to it on your page.
Thanks for a fast favorite! :)

Add to Technorati Favorites