Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Deep conversation....

Things have been crazy at our house lately. I am realizing more and more everyday that what I have always considered "back to normal" doesn't exist. For us crazy is normal.

A few weeks ago we were out for a family drive. It's something we try to do weekly. We usually stick a dvd in for the kids and Matt and I talk about a wide range of things.

I don't remember how we got on the subject but we started talking about how lucky we felt to have each other. It's something that you hate to bring up but I believe that any family with young kids needs to discuss what would happen if something happened to one of us.

Sometimes when we have talked about it I end up crying and mad because I don't want to think about it. Sometimes I end up laughing..... It is during these conversations that I give Matt a list of people he is not allowed to date. It might sound like a weird thing to talk about but we both agree that if something were to happen to either one of us while the kids were young we would want tot other to remarry....

Anyway, back to the story....

So this particular night we were talking and I think we both realized how crazy our lives are. My husband is crazy. I wished him luck in finding someone willing to deal with him.... lol.... He is a firefighter with a crazy work schedule and pay scale that requires him to work extra jobs, he plays hockey (and is a goalie), he plays bagpipes.... CRAZY! I love him though! He puts up with my brain, my emotions, my desire to be at home with my kids, my bargain shopping habits, and my expensive photography hobby.

We sure are lucky to have each other. We are lucky to have the amazing kids we have. We are lucky to live where we do..... even if we are crazy busy!!

Love you Matt!!!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites