Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I just want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day. There was a time from about 1997-2001 when I couldn't stand Mother's Day. I hated going to church, even though they recognized all the women and I hated going to family dinners. I just wanted to stay home with my blanket over my head and cry, because I wanted to be a Mother SO BAD that it physically hurt. Now I have my kids and I am so happy -yet - I still feel a little sad on Mother's Day. I am sad for those who want to be Mothers and can't. And my heart breaks a little for 2 special women who trusted me enough to be the Mother of 2 special kids, I pray that they know how grateful I am to them.

2 comments:

Norah said...

I feel the same way you do. I spent so many Mother's days mad at the world and now I'm so happy but I feel sad for all the others in the position I was in a few short years ago.

Nicole said...

Sheri,
This is such a sweet post. I'm sure there are many of us who do not appreciate the blessings of being a mother the way you do. You have two beautiful children, with such a special spirits about them.

Add to Technorati Favorites