Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I love my new bed!!!

Due to issues with our box springs and the wonderful customer service at RC Willey we have been sleeping with just our mattress on the floor for a few months. Thanks to Uncle Sam's stimulus check and the great excuse of an anniversary gift for ourselves we bought a new bed.
IKEA has some pretty good beds. They seem really sturdy and secure. You have to buy a bed base which basicly are wooden slats that you put in a rubber sleeve --- this sits on the frame and then you can just lay the mattress on the slats. Since we have king size bed - we actually have two sets of the slats. We just used the mattress that we already have - but I hear that IKEA has great mattresses too.
It took me a bit - but I put the bed together myself. You can use box springs with IKEA beds but you really don't need to. We have had it for 3 nights ---- and I love it. I cannot believe how comfortable it is.

2 comments:

Queen Karana said...

Wow! I love your new bed too! It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love IKEA! We got an IKEA in our area a couple years ago and my husband and I like to go down there, walk around, and dream!

We have even occasionally purchased a few things from them (actually, truth be told, we've probably spent about $1000 there in the past couple years). We've bought bookshelves, baskets, pots and pans, dishes, desks, night stands, chairs, and so much more! I love their styles and their prices too.

Your bed looks beautiful. I bet you're so excited!

And thanks for stopping by Happy to be at Home. Toni, Kate, and I hope you come back often!

Joy

Add to Technorati Favorites