Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Smart Habit Saturday

It's been a little while since I participated in Smart Habit Saturday. I don't really have a good reason why. I have been trying to develop and improve my smart habits. My goals for this week are to:

1) Deal with the mail when it comes - not just make a pile. On Thursday night I went through piles of mail in my computer room, there were bills and stuff from3 months ago that I never opened - the bills had been paid.....for the most part.

2) Get rid of a bunch of stuff shoved in my kitchen drawers. I didn't realize that spoons, spices, and plastic bags can multiply all by themselves.

I have another habit that I want to share with everyone. It is habit that I started with over a year ago, and I think that everyone can benefit from - especially with the cost of EVERYTHING rising. Pinching Your Pennies is the greatest website. Here you will find grocery lists for all the local and nationwide grocery chains - they also have such wonderful people that match the grocery ads to the coupons that are available for even more savings. Did you know that planning your menus around what's on sale can save you about 60% on grocery costs. They also have online shopping deals and much much more!!!! This website has seriously changed our lives. Without spending more than $50 a week on average - my family eats great food and I have built a great food storage!!! Now I shop for my pantry - stockpiling when prices are at their lowest and plan my menus based upon what I have in my "Stockpile."Check it out.

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Sheri!
Thanks for stopping by! I was reading your site and you have some great recipes that I will have to try!

I laughed when I read your post about getting ready for church. I totally agree that sometimes it is so hard to want to go when you have to take the little ones by yourself. I also understand what it is like to have gone to all the effort and get barfed on!

My hubby has been involved in leadership positions for years so I have gone alone to church most of my childrens lives. I very clearly remember a few years ago walking into church and a friend stopped me. "Are you okay?" I said "I am not feeling the joy in my motherhood!" and I meant it!

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your mail and kitchen purges. It's time to get rid of all the STUFF!!

I'm going to check out that Pinching Your Pennies site, definitely something we all need to do!

Anonymous said...

I need to check out the pinching pennies site. I've alays been too unorganized to do the coupon thing, but with rising prices it may become a necessity. Thanks for sharing how it is working for you.

Queen Karana said...

Pinching Your Pennies makes me HAPPY! :) And... it's how I met YOU!

Add to Technorati Favorites