Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Adventures in Spray Paint

I really need to update some things in my house.... but I don't have a lot of money to spend on decor right now. My friends Aubrey & Nicole got me thinking about spray paint. I think Aubrey started it all.... anyway here's the first project that I want to share with you....

Before; this table was brown wood grain pretty 80's. It had a smokey colored glass top. This is place in our house where all of our shoes end up. We come in and kick them under there... it has always been a big mess.


After; I painted it black. I covered the glass with a f aux leather (sounds better than vinyl) I cut the vinyl and used spray adhesive to attach it on the underside. The skirting was no sew! I bought the fabric on clearance at Hobby Lobby - it was only $2 a yard. All I did was cut it and hot glue it on the the inside of the table. Now the shoes are still under there.... but no more mess!!

This project cost me: $5.00 for paint, $3.00 for "Leather", $4.00 for fabric and about 3 hours of time.


Stay tuned! There is more to come!

12 comments:

Amy said...

That came out great! I can't wait to see more, I love before and afters. :D

Pj.steph said...

Looks awesome! Great job!

The Steele family said...

That looks great good job

Anonymous said...

Hey, good job on the table! I've got some jobs involving spray paint I need to do.

Glad you are still around! ;)

Julie H said...

It looks great! I just bought my first can of spray paint. I was like OMG it's only $3?!?!? I can paint EVERYthing lol.

Deb said...

Oh - it looks awesome! The title had me thinking your kids had found the spray paint - glad it was just a home project make over!

Aubrey said...

SHERRI!!!! That looks AWESOME! I love it! What a good idea someone gave you. ;)

Janae said...

awesome! I need to try some of that too. That is on my list!

Anonymous said...

Good job! So much more creative than the old glass. :)

Marrdy said...

Can I tell you how happy I am that you are back. I was worried about you and now we can all keep watch over you and make sure you are still hanging in there!

I do love this table. I'll have to try it!

My First Kitchen said...

Look at you!!! Great job! I think spray paint is the new black. Everyone is making it a regular part of life, including me. So cute!

Erika said...

That table looks sooo good!

Add to Technorati Favorites