Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Adventures in Spray Paint

I really need to update some things in my house.... but I don't have a lot of money to spend on decor right now. My friends Aubrey & Nicole got me thinking about spray paint. I think Aubrey started it all.... anyway here's the first project that I want to share with you....

Before; this table was brown wood grain pretty 80's. It had a smokey colored glass top. This is place in our house where all of our shoes end up. We come in and kick them under there... it has always been a big mess.


After; I painted it black. I covered the glass with a f aux leather (sounds better than vinyl) I cut the vinyl and used spray adhesive to attach it on the underside. The skirting was no sew! I bought the fabric on clearance at Hobby Lobby - it was only $2 a yard. All I did was cut it and hot glue it on the the inside of the table. Now the shoes are still under there.... but no more mess!!

This project cost me: $5.00 for paint, $3.00 for "Leather", $4.00 for fabric and about 3 hours of time.


Stay tuned! There is more to come!

12 comments:

Amy said...

That came out great! I can't wait to see more, I love before and afters. :D

Pj.steph said...

Looks awesome! Great job!

The Steele family said...

That looks great good job

Z's Mom said...

Hey, good job on the table! I've got some jobs involving spray paint I need to do.

Glad you are still around! ;)

Mom Taxi Julie said...

It looks great! I just bought my first can of spray paint. I was like OMG it's only $3?!?!? I can paint EVERYthing lol.

Deb said...

Oh - it looks awesome! The title had me thinking your kids had found the spray paint - glad it was just a home project make over!

Aubrey said...

SHERRI!!!! That looks AWESOME! I love it! What a good idea someone gave you. ;)

Janae said...

awesome! I need to try some of that too. That is on my list!

Jaci said...

Good job! So much more creative than the old glass. :)

Marrdy said...

Can I tell you how happy I am that you are back. I was worried about you and now we can all keep watch over you and make sure you are still hanging in there!

I do love this table. I'll have to try it!

Kendra said...

Look at you!!! Great job! I think spray paint is the new black. Everyone is making it a regular part of life, including me. So cute!

Erika said...

That table looks sooo good!