Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Hi Honey, What did you do at work today?

Have you ever asked your spouse that question? This is a question that I usually do not ask.

My husband has a secret life.....

Well not really.....

More like multiple personalities.....

Well not really.....

You see Matt is actually 2 different people. We have "Home Matt" and "Work Matt".

Home Matt
is funny, laid back, a jokester. He plays hard. Home Matt is the hockey goalie, bagpipe player, great dad and dotting husband.

Work Matt is life saver. He literally saves lives. It amazing me when I think of all the things that he does. He can put a tube down someone's throat to help them breathe, he can do CPR and start IV's in the back of a moving ambulance. He can deliver babies, and he has. He runs into burning buildings as other people are running out. He can comfort the mother who has lost a child.

Work Matt is the Matt that I have rarely seen. I am in utter awe of Work Matt.

Hi Honey, What did you do at work today? This is a question that Matt has to answer carefully. I have a sensitive stomach and a sensitive heart. There are many things that I don't want to know. There are many questions that I ask him that I only want him to answer in Yes/No responses.

Hi Honey, What did you do at work today? As of right now 9:00 pm on Monday night, Matt has been sitting a SWAT Standoff for almost 12 hours -- he has been sitting there waiting for a man to do one of 3 things,
1) Give up so everyone can go home safely,
2) Shoot himself
3) Get shot by police - hopefully no one else will get hurt.

I am proud of my honey. I am proud of the things he does at home and at work.

Come home safely!!!!

11 comments:

Sherri said...

In case anyone was wondering the end was #2......

Amy said...

Your hubby is a hero for saving lives. I know you are proud :D

Deb said...

Oh no. I was watching that on the news last night.

How grateful you must be that Home Matt is so much different than Work Matt and that he is able to separate the 2!

Pj.steph said...

Wow, was he part of that Farmington thing? That's crazy. I appreciate what he does for the people. :) Hopefully he stayed safe!

Queen Karana said...

I forgot that your husband could've been involved in that stand-off. I am so glad he is OK. I would've been worried sick about my DH.

ShazBraz said...

Wow...intense post. What a hero (both him for doing it and you for sharing him!)

Claremont First Ward said...

Hope he was safe. What a great post about your hubby!

Marrdy said...

I am so sorry that Matt had to be involved in this standoff. If the outcome had been different we would all feel relief. Right now he needs lots of hugs and lots of love. Give him my best!

Mami Adame said...

Wow, thank goodness for men like your hubby!

Rhiana said...

Your post was inspiring. Your husband is a very brave.

Deb said...

Oh, and Luke NEVER asks me what I did at work, because, well, I'm with kids all day, and the second I get a chance at grown-up conversation I pretty much get diarrhea of the mouth and talk non-stop for a really long time about all of the joys of first grade!

Add to Technorati Favorites