Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pears Anyone?

Last week my friend Aubrey called and told me that her neighbor some free pears outside of their house. I went over and got a bunch --- man I wish I would have taken more!!!

I didn't really know what to do with them.... I know eating them plain is good - but I had so many.

Yesterday I made this Fresh Pear Cobbler. It was SO good!!!

Today I sliced a bunch and put them in my crockpot with the juice from one lemon, a couple tablespoons of sugar, and a little cinnamon & cloves. I cooked them on high for about 2 hours. The smell was AMAZING when they were soft I put them in the food processor. I ended up with some YUMMY Pearsauce!!! I froze it for now but I plan on using this in my mother in laws yummy applesauce bar recipe, I'll share that later.

I have about 15 pears left so we will just have to see what I come up with next!!!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love pears! they are on sale at bowmans right now I buy them and dry them they are yummy that way they taste like candy. I like to cut them up and dip them in carmel too!

Unknown said...

We love pears too! Glad you have found yummy creative ways to eat them up :)

Julie H said...

Umm I love pears! Got my little guy hooked on them too.

Queen Karana said...

welcome back! :)

I wish we had pears.

Glenda said...

If you can get more, they make the most fantastic fruit leather! You can mix in some Koolaid (strawberry or cherry is good) and a little sugar and then put them on a solid drying tray then dehydrate. Pears make the leather flexible and soft, not hard. I add pear puree to all of my fruit leather!

Sher said...

I saw your blog on the mom blogs site.
I was intrigued, because...
My name is Sherrie, and I live in Kaysville.
Weird....

Add to Technorati Favorites