Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Frugal Tip Friday, 8/1/08



Link your your own Frugal Tip Friday post back here and leave a comment here. I love reading all of your Frugal Tips!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save Money at the Deli

1- Don't buy anything from the deli unless it's on sale (or you're just in desperate need of special deli foods), they are definitely more expensive!

2- Ask the deli attendant to slice meats and cheeses really thin, this will make them go a lot further!

3 - In most grocery stores the deli section is right next to the bakery which usually offers fresh baked loaves of bread for a little more than a dollar (French and Italian). The bread is definitely a good buy but sometimes I wonder if they're just teasing us with a low cost item so we'll come on over and spend a fortune on the more expensive items. If fancy cold cuts and prepared side dishes are not in your budget just grab the bread and run!

4 - If you like to have sandwiches often, instead of buying a pound of sliced meat from the deli consider cooking a half ham or turkey breast in the oven (cooking directions are often on the labels), then slice them up and divide into 1/2-1 pound portions and store in freezer bags. (Just keep one in the fridge for this week and freeze the rest until you need them!)

5- You can also save a lot of money on sliced cheeses by purchasing the prepackaged varieties when they go on sale. You can freeze cheese for up to several months.

6- Look for Reduced Price items that are near expiration and eat them right away or freeze them.

7- Watch for meal deals or one of my favorites is one of the store that I shop has yummy rotisserie chickens buy 1 get 1 half price.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tips. I need to start taking the time to plan meals and such so that I can save some money....I'm an organizational mess right now.

Norah said...

I always get my deli meat shaved. I think it just tastes better that way and you seem to get alot.
Here's my tip (I actually remembered today):
http://momofthreewildandcrazyboys.blogspot.com/2008/08/frugal-tip-friday.html

WheresMyAngels said...

I used to work in a deli, make sure you take your meat out of the bag they put it in, it makes it spoil quicker. A Tupperware container is better.

Insane Mama said...

Look at your cute little frugal button! How do I get it, do I need html. My biggest tip is using coupons at Vons, because at the Vons store near me they double the coupons. Another great tip isshopping online, I save so much that way because I only buy what is needed and I am not tempted with my eyes ... But, you do have to pay for the delivery.

Heather said...

This is why I love you.

Claremont First Ward said...

Thanks for the tips. I only buy on special there, too.

Add to Technorati Favorites