Pages

My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipe Sites

Blog Archive

Blog Search
Trying To Stay Calm
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Frugal Tip Friday 8/15/08


Yeah!! It's now super easy to link your Frugal Tip back here!! Look over the right sidebar and you will find a convenient box with the code giving you both the button and the link back!!!

My tip of the day is:

Buy in bulk only if it is something that you need. Buying everything in bulk is not necessary. Some bulk prices have a higher unit price than buying a couple of boxes of cereal or baby formula. Carrying a calculator to the store with you can aid in figuring up which is the best buy. Join a shopping warehouse if you frequently buy bulk items.

10 comments:

Susie said...

I love this tip! We go every quarter to stock up on cleaning supplies and paper goods. For everything else, it's like a game. I have this software that can compare prices at different store. I take the receipt,plug in the numbers and see if I "won":-) I usually do:-)

Nicole said...

I'm not a big bulk buyer. We don't even have a sams club card anymore. I do stock up and the case lot sales at bowmans though. I love the new look of your blog, I'm so jealous. Was it very expensive? I really want one with three columns like yours.

Claremont First Ward said...

I really like this tip.

Claremont First Ward said...

so cool that you have the button, too. I'll have to start posting my tips on thursday though since I always already do photo story friday.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip!

Marrdy said...

This is a great tip. I try to stay away from Costco and Sam's because I wind up spending too much money on stuff I really don't need. Self control would probably help!

The Steele family said...

I really love your back ground it is way cute.I love it you are always coming up with great tips.

Deb said...

We let our Sam's club membership expire and didn't renew. Haven't missed it at all, and in fact, I am pretty sure we've saved money by NOT going there!

Unknown said...

Too true! I know some go to Costco just for the deals and rarely come home with anything useful! I limit myself to once a month trips and have a strict list. With 4 kids it is necessary but I have to keep it in check :)

Anonymous said...

Ha...toilet paper would be a safe bet! Good tip, Sherri!

Add to Technorati Favorites